MSV in-house exhibition & flea market May 24th + 25th, 2024 | 10% discount on EVERYTHING*


Brass instruments are usually equipped with a detachable cup mouthpiece or with a deep cup called a cup mouthpiece (trumpets, trombones, tubes) or funnel mouthpieces (French horn). The mouthpiece is not the sound generator, but transmits the vibration from the lips of the wind player into the instrument. The exact size of the individual mouthpiece depends on the brass instrument used, the anatomical conditions and the sound preferences of the musician.